Next Please Read Geek Grind FAQs:
When does Kickstarter launch and end?
The campaign goes active Friday night/early Sat morning - 8/21/21 12:01AM
What is the link to the Kickstarter campaign url?
You need to set up a Kickstarter account in order to be informed of launch or place a pledge and track your activity. go to www.Kickstarter.com
What is the best way to ask a question?
- Please email us @ firstname.lastname@example.org and please do not use our Kickstarter.com page for questions as we are a small team and can only monitor a limited number things. Send us your questions ONLY to email@example.com please! This will assure a ticket is created and we answer your questions and do not miss it!
How long is the campaign/preorder period?
- 20 days from start of campaign
What happens after the campaign ends?
- At the end of the campaign period, Kickstarter confirms all the reward pledges and your contact infomation. We will then immediatley send out a survey which allows you to easily and quickly make your final roast, blend, flavor, mug or other selection for a full list of amazing choices and return that info to us. You will also confirm your shipping address. This takes about a week after the end of the campaign.
When will you start shipping products after the campaign?
- We will start shipping some rewards such as whole bean, ground coffee and mugs within two weeks, and some products such as the Kcups within 2 months or less.
After I make a pledge (choose a reward and pay) on the Kickstarter campaign page, when do I choose the actual coffee style, flavor that I want to recieve? Also how do I choose a mug if that is what I select in the campaign?
- AFTER the campaign ends we will send what is called a "survey" to your email on file and you will have a few days to confirm which products you wanted to get.
Will there be shipping charges?
- Yes, as small family company, we do need to pay UPS or USPS to ship the products and those costs are indicated in each reward description on the Kickstarter campaign site. We work to minimize these costs and it helps us to reach our campaign production goals faster!
Can I back more than one "reward level" in your Kickstarter campaign?
- No, Kickstarter only allows you to back a campaign once and only to choose one reward lever, but you can look at our "add-ons" which are additional choices you can add to your reward - which may allow you to select what you wanted to get in addition to the main reward level that you back.
If I have a problem after getting my order what should I do?
- We have excellent customer service (our family!) and we will take care of any issues you have to be sure you are happy! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take care of you!
How many grams of coffee are in each Kcup?
- About 11 grams depending on the roast or flavor. This is a very "full" measure of coffee resulting in an excellent cup. Different roasts have different humidity so the same volume of coffee can weigh slightly different due to moisture differences.
What is shelf life of your Kcup coffee pods?
- We use the best materials to pack and seal your coffee pods including flushing all oxygen out of the pod before sealing. This allow for more than a year usage time when stored in a cool dry location.
Where is the coffee from?
- Geek Grind Coffee is very unique in that we manage our own women-owned family farms and work with our friends and neighboors in the mountains of Colombia where the worlds best coffee is grown. We actually harvest, dry, roast and ship our own coffee so you are assured of the most amazing quality and taste in your cup!
Is the coffee "Fair-Trade"?
- VERY FAIR, infact we deliver 3 to 4 times revenue back to our family farmers and producers than if they were to sell their unfinished coffee beans on the commodity market under typical fair trade conditions. We can do this because the farmers and our partners are in a co-op and we all share in the entire product creation process and have no middle men.
Is the coffee "organic"?
- We do not use pesticides and we practive very sustainable cultivation but we do not press our small family farmers to become organic certified as this is often unaffordable due to the small amounts of high quality coffee some of them produce each year with us. That said this is a very clean product from a very beautiful place in the world. Clean water and sunshine are the primary ingredients to Geek Grind Coffee.
Are these compatible with Keurig-style coffee makers?
- Yes exactly!
Are these compatible with Nespresso pod-style coffee makers?
- No they are not - you need Nespresso pods for those coffee makers
Aren't K-Cups Wasteful?
- Convience is a personal choice of course. Our Kcups are recycleable. We can also recommend you look into refillable/reusable Kcups available at many retailers. This allows you to grind your own coffee or use pre-ground coffee, fill the plastic or stainless reusable cups and make great coffee. It is up to you!
Do you offer tea?
- Yes we do on our website www.GeekGrindCoffee.com